Monday, December 11, 2006

Welcome

Welcome to Nurturing Notes. Well, I know the name is kind of plain, and even I have trouble spelling it, but I wanted to use “nurture” in my blog name because it captures what it is all about. You see, I am a mom of three wonderful children. But before that, I went to college to become a registered dietitian (or RD for short). That means that I am a food and nutrition expert who met specific criteria to earn the RD credential. I am not officially employed, but being a dietitian to me isn’t just a profession, it is very much a part of who I am (and so is being a wife and mother). So, the way I see it, my family is my employer, and I do my best to carry out the duties and principles I learned in the context of my home and other people I come in contact with.
With the internet, we are bombarded with so many messages about health and nutrition that it can be tiring, if not confusing, to sort through all the messages and make the right decisions for our health. So here I am, branching out from my home to the blogosphere to share with you some of the things I have learned about healthful eating, and how to nurture it in yourself and your loved ones, especially the little ones.

3 comments:

  1. I've given you the Friend Award at http://clevelandmom.wordpress.com/2009/01/19/the-friends-award/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renata, I think I sent you a personal email but wasn't sure if it was your email. We talked a while back about BF and RD requirements. I have a question but can't figure out how to send this privately. info@justuswomen.org
    Thanks, Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings, Fellow Mommy!

    I am in need of some good old fashioned social networking.

    A client of mine is looking to recruit children between the ages of 8 and 11 and their moms to participate in a study. Please read below for all the details, and if you can, please share with your readers, asking them to do the same.

    Thank you so much! Enjoy the rest of our beautiful Cleveland summer!!!

    ____________________________________________

    Do you have children who are between the ages of 8 and 11?

    The Case Western Reserve University Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing is conducting a research study on drinking milk and soda.

    You will be compensated for your time! Both you AND your child(ren) will receive a $5 TARGET gift card.

    The study is being conducted, in person, at they Mayfield Branch of the Cuyahoga County Library on Saturday, August 20th from 9am to 5pm.

    (1) You and your child will each be asked to fill out a short questionnaire about what you eat and drink in a typical day or week. All of your answers are strictly confidential. The questionnaire will take about ten minutes to complete.

    (2) You and your child's weight and height will be measured.

    Please email me directly: kimnovak at mommyfuel dot com to reserve your time. Hurry, space is limited!

    Thanks!

    Kim Novak Proctor at MommyFuel

    216-956-2123

    ReplyDelete