Thursday, April 22, 2010

Evidence of Love - Earth Day tribute

"Open your eyes and look upon the handiwork of God
Open your soul and feel the breath of glory all around
For everywhere there's evidence of love"

The last two and a half years have been a journey with many unexpected twists and turns, both of joy and sorrow. Never before have I known the depth of the unfailing presence and love of God. What we thought would be a permanent residence in Northeast Ohio ended this past weekend. We are now taking refuge in the midatlantic region of United States. It is another bittersweet time. Our hearts long for what we left behind, yet we are also glad to reunite with family and old friends. Although we don't know where the future will take us, we are assured and comforted by God's presence. In the midst of our circumstances, God has once more provided evidence of His love, which is why I am writing this Earth Day tribute -- to honor her Creator.

So after that long introductory paragraph, I would like to keep the rest of my words short:

It appears we are not the only new tenants this weekend:





To my delight, we have front row seats to a robin's nest!
This discovery reminded me of Psalm 84. How appropriate at a time like this that God would provide once more evidence of His love through His creation.


Psalm 84 (ESV)

 1How lovely is your dwelling place,
   O LORD of hosts!
2My soul longs, yes, faints
   for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and flesh sing for joy
   to the living God.
3Even the sparrow finds a home,
   and the swallow a nest for herself,
   where she may lay her young,
at your altars, O LORD of hosts,
    my King and my God.
4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house,
   ever singing your praise!
                         Selah
5Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
    in whose heart are the highways to Zion.
6As they go through the Valley of Baca
   they make it a place of springs;
    the early rain also covers it with pools.
7They go from strength to strength;
   each one appears before God in Zion.
 8O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer;
   give ear, O God of Jacob!
                         Selah

9 Behold our shield, O God;
   look on the face of your anointed!
10For a day in your courts is better
   than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
   than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
11For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
   the LORD bestows favor and honor.
No good thing does he withhold
   from those who walk uprightly.
12O LORD of hosts,
    blessed is the one who trusts in you!

Given the public nature of this blog, I have no real idea of what my readers believe about God. When I take a good look at my life, I can truly say I am glad to have Jesus in it. May all who read this also find their joy in their Creator.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a robin's nest right outside your door! It was so good to talk to you today. Welcome back to the area!

    ReplyDelete