Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What does God want from us anyway?

Jesus said to him, " 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' "This is the first and great commandment. Matthew 22:37-38

It occured to me today when I was talking to a friend that God doesn't want our giftedness. It's simply not enough. He wants our whole heart -- our life. He wants to take the things we are good at to glorify Him. He wants to take what we are lousy at and use it in spite of us -- again for His glory.

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. John 15:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment