Friday, April 27, 2007

Why the news makes us dumb...

There is a book by this name. My husband read this book several years ago and I really should read it myself (although my husband told me the Cliff Notes version). Still, I am more and more frustrated by the way media reports nutrition information. For a good case in point, the Lactivist has written a great post.

The bottom line is that it can be hard to think critically about every issue when there is so much else that needs to be done (especially if you're waking up four times at night, like I am). Anyway, several of the food and nutrition blogs I link to provide a good perspective on some of the media reports. Although I don't always agree with everything that is posted on these blogs, they think through what they are saying and they provide a refreshingly different perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment