Sunday, December 2, 2007

My Banana Bread Recipe

Actually, it is the recipe I use to make banana bread :-) I modified it from a Jumbo Banana Nut Muffin recipe in either Mostly Muffins or More muffins, by Barbara Albright and Leslie Weiner. I have used this recipe several times in birthday cakes.

I took out some butter, put in some oil, cut back on sugar, added honey. I also omitted the nuts. I love nuts in muffins and such, but because I am so cheap I sprinkle them on top with some brown or raw sugar, then I bake them. I also do this so if someone doesn't like nuts, it is easily picked off. I may have made this without butter or sugar before, but this is what I have written down. I will try to do it that way sometime soon and I'll let you know how it turned out.
[update: 2/27/08 - I have posted a no butter (oil only) version]

Anyway, here's the recipe:


My Banana Bread Recipe
Serving Size : 12

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/8 cup canola oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 cup honey
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups bananas -- mashed and ripe (about 3 bananas)
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 375 oF. Grease pan or muffin tins.
In a large bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, cream butter, oil, sugar and honey until somewhat fluffy; beat in eggs. Stir in banana, milk, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and stir just to combine.
Spoon batter into pan and bake 25-30 minutes (less if making muffins) or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove pan to wire racks. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan; finish cooling on rack. Serve warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 193 Calories; 8g Fat (34.0%calories from fat); 4g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 46mgCholesterol; 244mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

No comments:

Post a Comment