Monday, February 9, 2009

If you have the luxury to sleep in...


I am hoping my long-standing profile picture will be soon changed. I started this blog sleep deprived and am ready for that to be a thing of the past. I used to be part of the mommy club whose kids would wake up bright and early (like 5:30-6am), but since we moved to Ohio, my kids have started sleeping in as late as 8:30. But the problem I was faced with was that when we started the day that late, I wouldn't be productive. Once we get through the morning routine of getting dressed, making beds, eating breakfast, and starting household chores (not to mention homeschooling), I have to stop for lunch.
I have been trying to get up earlier. This has worked well for me in the past, but lately my body has been out of sorts so I have had a much harder time making myself get out of bed earlier (I may go into detail about that sometime later). So as I was accepting the fact that I had to accept that my body was telling me it needed more rest, I had to adjust to how I would be able to get it all done. After lunch I would get really tired and I just felt unable to do much, let alone think. Naps (when I got those) weren't working for me either.
So this week I decided I will try to get to bed early, and take advantage of the kids sleeping in to sleep in too. So far it has been working well. I have been functional in the afternoons and have been able to catch up with some studying in the evening.
So, if you are fatigued and have the luxury to sleep in, then do your body a favor and get the much needed sleep.
But first, get to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment