Thursday, March 13, 2008

The unlikely bribe and the bad carrot...

Here are some funny things that happened this past week that I thought I'd share with you:

We finally were able to build a snowman last week. Although we have had plenty of snow, it wasn't the sticky kind to make snowmen from. I initially was using frozen veggies to make the face and my hungry kids started asking for some frozen veggies (a tip I got from The Moms' Guide to Meal Makeovers). I told them I'd give them some once we got inside. Well, my tired and hungry 3-year-old was protesting taking a picture with the snowman, and I told him that if he didn't pose for the picture, I wouldn't give him any lima beans when we came back in. He took the picture. Fancy that, frozen lima beans can be a bribe? Who would have thunk?

Also last week, I made Orange Flavored Chicken for dinner. It is my favorite chinese take-out and I finally found a recipe for it on Cooks Illustrated's website. Well, the dish has strips of orange peel in it, mainly for decoration (although I was eating them as I had some sinus congestion). When I asked my 5-year-old if he liked the chicken he answered, "Yes, but the carrot tastes bad." Poor child. He was eating an orange peel.

No comments:

Post a Comment